Working at The Vue Weekly is not just a job, it’s an experience. The Vue Weekly prides itself in being different from the rest, and working here is no exception. We are a place where we want our employees to grow, feel inspired and use their strongest assets to propel their everyday work.
See below to see what positions are currently available.
We want you! To be our next:
PostVue / Features Writer!
Vue Weekly is seeking a talented, motivated individual to join our team as PostVue / Features Writer. The successful candidate will work directly with advertising clients to craft copy for Postvue Publishing’s expanding project portfolio, as well as join Vue’s editorial team in producing copy for special issues throughout the year.
- Writing and editing copy for PostVue projects
- Maintaining strong working relationships with PostVue clients
- Writing and editing copy for Vue Weekly’s special features (Hot Summer Guide, Festival Survival Guide, etc)
- Story research and conducting interviews when necessary
- Assisting Vue Weekly’s listings editor to compile and edit listings for issues such as the Hot Summer Guide and Winter Guide
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- An understanding of CP style, grammar and punctuation
- The ability to stay organized and meet tight deadlines
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits (upon completion of a three-month probationary period). Please email a resume and three to five writing samples to Meaghan Baxter at email@example.com.
We are looking for fun, enthusiastic people to join our already established team!
Candidates will be tasked with selling Edmonton’s only alternative weekly newspaper, Vue Weekly, as well as our ever expanding portfolio of PostVUE Publishing products. As an account manager you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our already well established client base, as well as you will be tasked with researching and approaching new clients to join our advertiser pool.
– Managing a client base
– Developing new clients
– Finding unique and creative ways to appeal to advertisers citywide
– Managing all prospective clients within your category/jurisdiction
– Monthly car allowance
– Monthly cellphone allowance
– Commission on sales (in addition to a base salary)
– Benefits (upon completion of a 3 month probationary period)
Please email Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and for more details